Thursday, March 31, 2005

Boys Boys Boys

These nails have got to go. They are now severely impeding my typing ability to the point where chatting with people I usually enjoy chatting with has become a chore and updating my blog is pure hell. Or maybe it's just that the people I usually enjoy chatting with have all suddenly turned into ASSHOLES who don't EMPATHIZE with me anymore and that I have nothing to put in my blog but how badly my life sucks, and really, reflecting on the suckiness of one's life long enough to bitch about it eloquently is bound to make anyone cranky.

My day, summarized in George vs. Dunja format (he makes me SO mad):

Dunja: hi
George: hi hi
Dunja says: today i gave some lady 11 cents in change because she told me to, but i only owed her 6
George says: she told you to?
Dunja says: yeah. i gave her six, she's like, you owe me 11, and in the moment i doubted myself and just complied with her request
George says: when did you realize your error?
Dunja says: while i was making it
George says: that's a sad story.
Dunja says: i know
George says: you should've snapped on her
George says: and thrown the change in her wrinkly, fat face
Dunja says: no. i was just like "enjoy your 5 cent gum that my boss bought for you, bitch" and she was like "what did you say?" and i was like "i have the good sense to scratch my itch?"
Dunja says: and she was like "oh..."
George says: and then you poked her fat, wrinkly eyes out with a coat hanger?
Dunja says: well no, i just stood there, watching her walk out of my life with 5 cents that weren't rightfully hers, frozen to the spot like the loser that i am
Dunja says: the entire thing happened in major slow motion
Dunja says: then this guy that always comes in, marshall, comes in, and this guy thinks i'm a RETARD
Dunja says: the first time he came in and i was working, there was like major psychadelic music playing in the background 'cause my boss is weird like that, all doped up on the chemicals from the drycleaning thingy i suppose
Dunja says: anywhoooo, marshall walks in and he's like "did you tie dye my shirts"
Dunja says: and i look him square in the eye, completely missing the joke - i believe i may even have been looking at him as if though he were crazy, and go
"no"
Dunja says: and he goes "you know... 'cause of the music"
Dunja says: and at this point i'm thinking "wtf is this guy on?"
Dunja says: because i don't notice the music
Dunja says: so i'm like "uh... yeah"
Dunja says: and then i have to take his order in, so i ask for his name
Dunja says: and he's like "it's marshall"
Dunja says: ok, i KNOW that it's marshall because i just got him his previous order. but that's how out of it i was
Dunja says: and i'm like "how do you spell that?"
Dunja says: and now HE'S looking at me like he thinks i must be joking
Dunja says: but i just stare at him, dead on
Dunja says: and he's like "uh... M-A-R-SHALL"
Dunja says: and i'm like "shall?"
Dunja says: and he's like "shall"
Dunja says: after that neither one of us said anything. he walked out and we didn't even say bye. so he comes in today and he just avoided eye contact with me completely. he talked to my boss and then just walked out. not so much as a nod of aknowledgement in my direction
Dunja says: he thinks i'm a retard
George says: you might be reading into things too much.
Dunja says: marshall thinks i'm a retard
Dunja says: and that guy i met two saturdays ago is a giant liar

This is where the conversation takes a turn from being mildly entertaining to a RANT (by Dunja) about boys and how stupid they are (so if you wish to read a Boys Are Stupid rant for the umpteenth time on my blog, read on!):

George says: marshall can't even wash his own clothes... where'd you meet this other guy?
Dunja says: no one washes dry-clean clothes...
Dunja says: i met the other guy at my friend's birthday party
George says: listen, i'm just trying to make you feel better..is he a friend of your friend?
Dunja says: yes
George says: what'd he lie about?
Dunja says: he said he'd call me. two saturdays ago. and he never did
George says: oh. not really a liar.
Dunja says: yes a liar
Dunja says: why would anyone even say something like that if they had no intention on following through?
Dunja says: its not like i asked him to call me and then he was like "uh yeah, i will". i could understand lying in that kind of situation
Dunja says: and it's not like we made out or something so he felt obligated to say he'd call me or something
Dunja says: he just said it. out of the blue. just like that. and then he didn't do it. i mean, if you're not gonna do it, and you know you're not gonna do it, why say you will and get my hopes up?
Dunja says: i could've just gone home, thought "that was a fun conversation" and left it at that. but noooo you had to say "i'll call you" so i'm thinking "oh cool, maybe i'll get to hear from him again"
Dunja says: so when he doesn't call 4 days later i'm like "oh, well, what's that about?"
Dunja says: and then a week later i'm like "oh, well i guess he's not calling"
Dunja says: and now 2 weeks later i think he's a jerk and a liar
Dunja says: wouldn't it have been in his best interest to leave it at just "that was a fun conversation"???
George says: he probably changed his mind, maybe met somebody later that night.. who knows?
Dunja says: he didn't meet anyone later that night because we all left at the same time and he went to my friends house. so unless he turned gay in the span of a few hours...
Dunja says: and why he would change his mind when he didn't even talk to me after the initial *good* talk is also beyond me
Dunja says: why can't you just agree with me and say that he's a jerk for saying something like that if he wasn't gonna do it?
Dunja says: do you say this sorta thing to girls? is that why you're defending him?
George says: no, I don't use phones, I'm just being realistic. People change their minds all the time.
Dunja says: some people are also jerks. that's realistic
George says: He is a jerk, for saying he'd call when he knows he might change his mind. I still don't think he's a 'giant liar'.
Dunja says: i mean, if he wasn't sure, he shouldn't have said anything.
George says: but you should expect people to be jerks
Dunja says: right? like, he could've not said anything, then if he'd wanted to call me, called me, and i would've been pleasantly surprised
Dunja says: this way i was just unpleasantly disappointed
George says: he asked for the number?
Dunja says: his exact words were "i'll get your number off of ***** - you don't mind? and i'll give you a call"
George says: and you're suprised that he didn't call?
Dunja says: yes
George says: most guys won't call after they get your number.
George says: and in this case it was a two-stepper, he had to get the number from some other guy first
Dunja says: 2 steps is easy peasy, especially after YOU make the suggestion and NOTE the fact that there are 2 steps involved
George says: well sure, i'm just telling you how it is, not what's right or wrong.
Dunja says: and i'm just telling you that he's a jerk
Dunja says: and you're telling me not to be surprised but to be caustic and cynical like YOU
George says: "hey bob, can i get her number off you?"
George says: "sure, have a pen?"
George says: "umm..no."
George says: "well... ok. maybe later then."
Dunja says: WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING HIS INACTION AND LEAD-ON-I-NESS?
George says: because I don't want you to get upset the next time this happens.
Dunja says: so you defend his lame-ass behavior?
Dunja says: shouldn't you be saying something like "he is a jerk, so you shouldn't be upset, its not like you missed out"
Dunja says: instead of "well, you know, he probably changed his mind 'cause you suck so bad"
Dunja says: i mean, if your intention truly is to make me feel better?
George says: this isn't about you or the guy, why are you making it personal? I'm just telling you how this process usually goes from what I've seen/heard. I don't really see a need to make you feel better, because this isn't something you should really be upset about.
Dunja says: well yes. now that you put it that way, invalidating my feelings is exactly the best way to go about this.
George says: I don't get bent out of shape when my lottery ticket is a loser because I understand the odds of winning are really low.
Dunja says: i can't even believe you're trying to draw a parallel between something based on random chance (1 in 13 million, by the way) and someone TELLING you they're going to do something
George says: the odds are both pretty bad.
Dunja says: i don't even know why i'm still discussing this with you

I should just send our conversations to the "Young and the Restless" or the "Bold and Beautiful" or "As the World Turns" or even "Passions". They'd have a field day with this kind of dialogue. And it might be great for the soaps. But it makes me feel SHITTY.

1 Comments:

Blogger G-Funk said...

Cheer up Dunja. You're a pretty girl, you deserve better and there'll be plently of guys who will promise to call you and actually follow up.

3:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home