Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Jimmy Tony

You give your hand to me
And then you say hello
And I can hardly speak
My heart is beating so
And, anyone can tell
You think you know me so well
But you don't know me

- Ray Charles, "You Don't Know Me"

I've been trying to nail this song down, and I'm really not accomplishing anything besides driving my family members completely mental (well, "driving" really isn't the word here. They're already driven... I'm driving them BEYOND the brink of madnosity. Lets put it that way...) My sister has threatened to fart on me if I sing it one more time. She didn't say it with words, really, she just came into my room and looked at me in this sort of "I'ma fart on you" way, and then, when she was leaving, she did this little butt-wiggle... and I don't think it was just my imagination... anyway, the point is that I've been trying to get it right since Monday (the song, not Sonja's butt wiggle), and I still can't. Perhaps I'm being too ambitious with this project. It is, after all, Ray Charles. I mean, a black man sang it. How can I even TRY to imitate that kind of soul? Silly Dunja, soul music is for black men...
I could see that working in a CD commercial... (you see it too, don't you? Scary, isn't it?)

I hope work is better today than it was yesterday. Here is a brief synopsis in the entertaining form of an Andrea/Dunja convo:

andrea: where r u workin?
dunja: at the dry cleaners across the street. partaaay
andrea: woo hoo free spin cycle for all!!!
dunja: lll that'd be hot. unfortunately, it's mainly my boss telling me about how i should wash my face with cold water 'cause it closes up my pores and how his son wants to be on welfare while i sit there thinking "wtf??"
andrea: ummm i'd be like "i like to put crayons up my nose..do u like to put crayons up ur nose?..crayons are fun. one time me and jimmy-tony were walkin and i saw a crayon and i picked it up and i put it up my nose" (start laughing and fall on the floor and start havin a seizure)
dunja: lll that'd be fun. way more awesome then what ACTUALLY happened. which was just me, sitting there, squinting my eyes slightly in a putty-from-"seinfeld"-like impression of "wtf?".

I hate it when reality intervenes and kills ideas like that...
But then Andrea intervenes with her genius-ness once more:

andrea: hahaha thats good still. it makes him think ur slightly retarded...WORKERS COMP!!!

Oh man. She cracks me up.

Some more loose ends to tie up: to an "ex-friend", who I'm sure isn't reading this, but just in case: I'm sorry. You probably know you shouldn't take things like that coming from me seriously, especially after everything... but just in case you did...

And lastly, Andrea's acceptance speech:
andrea: WOOOHHOOOOO I MADE DUNE'S BLOG
andrea: thank you everyone ive been workin my whole life just to reach this point and i wanna thank all those who have helped me along the way... mom and dad, all my friends, and especially you, jimmy-tony, for without you there would be no story, and no me: I LOVE YOU!!!

Yes. I believe that's a good note on which to leave things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home