Monday, March 14, 2005

Count the Hideous

I am so excited to get out of bed with a purpose tomorrow that it's alarming. It'll be the first day I'm back to public life after my hiatus began last Saturday. Gosh, how I've missed it!
I'll bet you're probably thinking that a week spent in bed is nothing to complain about. But it is. You have to keep in mind that 90% of that week I was deathly ill and thus too preoccupied with general feelings of suckiness to notice how boring my days were, but the past three have been TORTURE. I put myself under house arrest (wanting to experience the life of my idol - Martha Stewart - firsthand... haha for mockage of said topic watch "THE DAILY SHOW") for these last three days (the actual reason being that I was) wanting to get back into tip top shape before I start the jet-set pace of my life up again, as apparently it's been catching up with me for a while (according to my doctor and my dad - who apparently knows everything about everything), but I didn't reckon that it'd be so deathly boring. I was reliving my high school days. Friday I sat at home and watched America's Funniest Home Videos with my parents. And Saturday we made the fun-filled treck to my grandparents' house where we listened to tapes of my cousin singing the ABCs as a toddler. Sunday I finally ventured out of my house - to go grocery shopping with my mother. The highlight was when she bought me four cartons of Fruitopia Strawberry Passion Awareness at $0.99 a pop - because I've been missing that stuff. I usually drink it at work, but I haven't been to work in over a week... Also, can't forget the "handsome young man handling the leeks" that was checking me out according to my mother - which I honestly doubt because I was wearing my most hideous bulky sweatshirt with a hideous stain on it to match and my hair was up in a hideous 'don't- look- at- me' type ponytail - AND I was wearing my glasses with NO makeup. So... mom's on crack...
My "watching my weight" thing has gone to hell in a handbasket this past week. All I did (once I was able to walk around, that is) whenever I got bored (read: all the time) was EAT. I've never eaten more in my life than I did these past three days. And it was all crap too. I remember my last meeting with the scale on Thursday night, and I doubt my next one will be for another month before I bring my weight back down to normal proportions so I can start trying to get it down further. Yang discusses his weight-loss battle in his blog. I'm thinking of trying the same sorta thing here. I mean, I've been trying to lose the same 8 lbs. for like... half a year. And it's NOT budging. Clearly I'm not doing something right. Maybe if I write things down and make you all read them, you can point out where I'm making my mistakes...
Anyway, tomorrow it's back to school I go, and I've promised myself that I'm going to sit through my entire Physiology lecture no matter how hideously boring it is or how well I think I might know the material, because the fact of the matter is that I haven't done a single reading for that class or started on a single assignment since it began. I also went to maybe the first two lectures... and even then, it was like the first half of the first two lectures. So I'm guessing it's about time I started putting something in if I wanna walk away with a half-decent mark.
I haven't seen friends in FOREVER. At this point, I think I'll be happy with running into anyone I even remotely know in the hallway, and I doubt my greeting will be situationally-warranted. I'll probably act like I haven't seen a human being in YEARS. I finally understand Tom Hanks' plight in "Castaway", except mine's worse because I haven't had a volleyball to keep me company and all I have had to balance out the lack of any normal influence is my extremely insane core family - which is like putting someone in a room with a recording of nails-on-chalkboard for a week and expecting them to come out okay - so if I hug you profusely tomorrow, or offer to bear your children, you'll know that it's not a reflection of the wonderful person you are but rather evidence of my weakened mental state.
On that note, toodles!

2 Comments:

Blogger G-Funk said...

PARTY TIME.

8:57 p.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

Hahaha.
I Love You!!

11:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home