Thursday, December 02, 2004

'Tis the Season

10:38 p.m.
MY ROOM

Eating "Holiday Snack Cakes". I suppose what distinguishes "holiday" treats from regular ones is the red and green and white sprinkles you find on the holiday snacks. So festive.

Why am I discussing "Holiday Snack Cakes"? - the reasons are twofold: 1. I cannot fall asleep in my house before midnight. It is an impossible feat. I've tried it on numerous occasions, and I just can't do it.
I'm not really to blame though. I was in bed at approximately 9:50 p.m. Everything is going smoothly, until my sister decides to take a shower. I'm just drifting off to sleep when she starts singing. Because that's what she does in the shower. She sings. 20 minutes later, she's out, and I'm thinking "finally." I start drifting off to sleep again, when the blow-dryer starts up. Now she's drying her hair. Well, it's okay as long as she keeps her door closed. I can filter it out. My dad comes upstairs and decides that he's going to start up his Microsoft Flight Simulator. God, that narrator dude's voice is ANNOYING. He finally starts putting me to sleep with his litling speech patterns, (akin to those of professor Espie who will put even the most resolute student to sleep in the morning) when my mom comes into my room. Instead of just walking out like a normal person who has just realized that there is SLEEPING going on, she walks into the room and says "Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?" I don't answer. Instead of walking out, she says "I didn't mean to. I didn't know you were sleeping." I don't answer. Instead of walking out, she says "Are you sleeping?" I say "Not anymore." She says "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I'm thinking "GET THE HELL OUT", she goes "Sorry." Again. Then she walks into the workroom where my dad is still "flying" and goes "Dunja's sleeping." Oh for PETE'S SAKE! That's when I got out of bed and turned on my computer.

The other reason I'm discussing "Holiday Snack Cakes" is that 2. I'm eating them. And I'm eating them because I eat chocolate when I feel sad. And I feel sad because Ramiro said something very noteworthy (and I thank him for his truthfulness - you're true blue dude!): "If it hasn't happened up until now, it's not going to happen."

That is just SO true, and SO hard that I was forced to suppress the thought the entire day, (otherwise I may have done something silly) and it only really hit me when I was TRYING to fall asleep. Because, the truth is, I'm crazy. I get myself into these situations and then I can't get myself out. And I don't learn either.

It's too bad there's no band-aid solution, because I'm good at those. And it's too bad I can't divert my attention to something else - because I don't even know what I'm diverting my attention from. And I just realized that anyone who is still reading this and doesn't know exactly what I'm talking about will think that I have serious psychological issues. But I don't. I really really don't. (I know that "That's what they all say..." But I mean it.) It's not even a big deal. At all. Or maybe I just feel that way now... now that I've eaten 3 "Holiday Snack Cakes"! :O I'm such a fatty! That's gonna haunt me in the morning... Especially if George starts talking about fatties on Oprah again...


P.S. It's probably the holiday Coke and Hallmark commercials talking. You know I'll be over it in a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home