Sunday, May 01, 2005

MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED

Last night rocked my best socks.
I danced with a paratrooper. Very trippy. I don't know why he felt the need to tell me he was a paratrooper...
About 21 peeps showed up for the party - which I think is pretty gosh darned good considering how much whining I heard when the invitations went out about exams not being completely finished and so on. Plus, these 20 or so were probably the most rocking partiers out of the bunch anyway (which makes sense... why would non-partiers go to a party?), so I think we did pretty good for ourselves.
At first, everyone was kinda iffy about the situation. Milwaukee's was deserted when we got there nice and early to avoid the non-existant lineup, and we weren't drunk yet. But as the crowd started amassing and we started drinking... well, for me at least, the atmosphere totally perked up.
There was one dude that spent the night dancing across the room from me. He was SO energetic and SO into it - he made me happy :) The other highlight of my night - the ROCK HARD abs of that one *hot* dude. Man. He was HOT. I think he said his name was Chris...
Then there was this other dude that said I was his hero and bought me a drink because I downed 2 tequila shots without making a face. (Couldn't have done it without the prompting from a chanting crowd - peer pressure rocks!)
Once I had downed those two shots, I was pretty much up for everything. Up until then, the dancing was not happening, but it's not 'cause we suck - it's just 'cause we needed a leader. Andreas and Maria broke the ice and set the party in motion. There was some bench-dancing, yes. And I already mentioned the paratrooper, the cool guy, and abs dude. Then there was also some salsa-ing with a very nice character who shared the name of one of the all-time most famous Fairy Tale characters - Hansel. HAHA. (I'm laughing with him. My name is Dunja for Pete's sake...)
What else... well, Paul was totally wasted (I actually think most people were...) and Steve broke it down on the dancefloor in a brief outburst. I think pretty much everyone else was dancing up a storm consistently though and just having a generally good time. Very cool.
Post-party, I ran into some Serbian people coming out of the Serbian party at Sound Emporium. We exchanged friendly greetings and chatted for about half an hour before Zeebs got fed up and made me part ways with them. Then, when we finally found the car, I said "Screw it" to my curfew and agreed that it would be an awesome idea to get some Chinese (food). We hit up some place, but as I sobered up and realized I was an hour late... I made everyone make it takeout. Good stuff. Totally helped me get over my hangover today.

I planned on taking pictures of the party, unfortunately, we were running late by the time Zeebs got to my house (as per usual), so we didn't have time to stop by any place to get film. We went by Paul's house and stole his digital camera, but then left it in the car because we're all retarded. So I have no pictures. I remember some being taken though... hopefully by someone in our group who will end up sending them to me - because otherwise it was just a bunch of strangers taking pictures of me... and that's... weird.
Overall, an awesome night to help put the stress of exams behind me and kick off my summer. So thanks to everyone who came out. You guys ROCK!

I had work today. Hungover-type work. Luckily, it wasn't too busy, but I got into a little spat with my boss' son which isn't a smart 'career' decision because I have to see this guy all the time. He REALLY pisses me off. I had to let him have it. Plus, I was in a bad mood - what with the headache and exhausted-ness and everything, and him being on my ass about trivial retarded things. Those factors severely impeded my ability to inhibit context-inappropriate behaviour (in this case, I was unable to impede my 'lashing-out'.) He actually threatened to have me fired. Which would have upset me if I a)cared about keeping this job and/or b)thought he had any sway in the matter. But he doesn't because his father knows he's a retard. And I don't care in the odd event that he does, because I can find just as meaningless and low-paying a job in a billion other places. So he can just kiss my ass.

NEWS:
It's Fariza's birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREEZY!

There's another crazy party night coming up Friday May 13 to kick off my summer class(es). More to come about that one - ch-check out your inboxes.

That's it. Over and out.

4 Comments:

Blogger captain obvious said...

Aw Freeza... Not you too!

Poomar... I'ma get you for this!

4:26 p.m.  
Blogger Benson said...

hey..not sure how u found my blog but thanks for reading it and giving me comments...ive always been embarassed to show my writing and as hoping random people woukd check it out..enjoy

11:32 p.m.  
Blogger unreuly said...

brilliant mission dunja girl...absolutely brilliant...i haven't had that much fun in a LONG time...in fact i am officially switching my favourite milwakees night from saturday to fridays! (you know you frequent a bar too often when...)

good times!
and i finally put a face to pauly wally pumpkin face!

12:35 a.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

I'm REALLY really glad you had a fun time Rosey.

And Benson - I found your blog via the "next blog" button. Thanks for making the movie-going experience a tad easier - it helps knowing at least one other person out there thinks the way I do.

3:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home