Friday, April 22, 2005

three words: THE BET - DOWNHILL

So: A family friend of mine was dealing with this guy mid-March and on. I ended up briefly meeting the guy at *undisclosed*'s party. Thought nothing of it. She used my phone to call him a few times that night prior to the meeting. I also briefly conversed with him at the beginning of the night - he knew it was my phone.
To make a long story short, they stopped dealing abruptly approximately a week and a half after the party. They saw each other once in that week-and-a-half span, and he just never called her after that. She, although disappointed, didn't call him (repeatedly - she did call him once) to clarify the situation either, stating that she didn't want to seem desperate/annoying. Whatever.

The guy text-messages me yesterday.
"I think ur hot. Got a boyfriend?"
At first I think "He's gotta be joking. He just left my friend high and dry, and now he has the audacity to write me this message?" Then I think, "No, it's more likely that he has me confused with someone else."
I write back:
"I think you have me confused with someone else. This is Dunja."
He writes back:
"I know who you are."

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Why? Why would anyone with even 2 brain cells ever think "Well, I dumped her friend without so much as a goodbye after having treated her like shit, so now I'll message this one and ask her if she has a boyfriend." I mean, is that the thought-process? Because it doesn't make sense.

Or is he thinking, "This girl is a complete and utter retard. Her I.Q. is 2." Because that is the only feasible explanation I can come up with as to why someone would think such a course of action would result in anything short of a REJECTION and, if at all possible, a slap to the face. This is an insult to my intelligence is what it is...

If you're not man enough to dump someone face-to-face, and tell them exactly what's going on - you really shouldn't be asking people out in the first place. And, in the event that you are a total scumbag sleezeball, not to mention a giant WIMP - the least you could do is make sure your "conquests" (or rather the victims of your emotional abuse) don't KNOW one another and don't KNOW what kind of an ass you are from the get-go. I mean, isn't that just logical? If you're going to be an ass, and you want to use girls - don't try it with girls that talk to one another - because you will FAIL? I mean... that makes sense, right?
There are two options every guy has: take responsibility for your actions and your feelings, deal with the consequences (I hate it when guys say "I didn't wanna hurt her feelings." PLEASE. Get OVER yourself. No one is going to be THAT heartbroken over you. Give her this courtesy - it's just good manners). This is the course of action obviously preferred by me, and, survey says: most girls. But, if you're going to be a loser regardless and not tell her it's over, at least hide your shameful actions adequately and don't make obvious the fact that you're an ass by messaging her friend 2 weeks after you're 'done' with her.
I just can't say it enough: WHAT THE FUCK?
I'd like to think that people like this would just fail in life. But I know that exactly the opposite is probably true.

This doesn't count as an ask-out (because he never actually asked me out) - but I wish he would, because this would be one I would NOT be sorry to see go.

1 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

hahahah oh darling dunja, that is awesome....and by awesome i mean wonderful.
funny you should mention this story now because not a week ago this guy met both me and a friend at the gym and got our msn...then proceeded to simultaneously use the SAME lines on us over msn. unbeknownst to him, we were copying and pasting his corny attemtpts to each other and soon learned of his wiley ways!
BASTARD!!!

I hear ya sistah...wat the fuck!

1:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home