Wednesday, April 12, 2006

i slurred my words

At my second ever NHL hockey game, I got to witness Mats hat-tricking it up, and the Leafs taking it with 11 seconds left in the Sudden Death portion of the night's programming.
I was a little tipsy, the crowd was a little excited, the little boy behind us was a little adorable, and all of these factors added up to make for an awesome night out on the town.
"You suck, RED!" - Everyone turns around. So embarrassing.
A new book rests in the new awesomely cute purse I stole from my sister. My assignment, due on February 1st, FINALLY finds its way to its resting place in my Professor's fax inbox. Thoughts of a new adventure this weekend successfully invade every waking moment since my alarm went off. And a phone call from a new prospect I'd given up for dead makes me smile (and stop, and think).

At one point, I realize that if I was struck down by lightning right now, there's not a single moment of today I would've regretted or wanted to change.

And yesterday wasn't half bad, either. Playing some pick-up football, seeing that guy peeing in the bushes, hearing **rren's version of "dashing through the snow", and exchanging girlish squeals with **stine over talk about boys - it was just so cute.

Spring is so totally in the air, and I so totally suffer from seasonal affective (depressive) disorder that it's not even funny.
I can't even begin to explain how much better (inexplicable, really) life has gotten in the last month. It's totally all the sunshine. What else could it be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home