Sunday, April 02, 2006

gyad

I can't write about anything I want to write about or need to write about here anymore because way too many people know this thing exists.

Ironic.

Vaguely, I'll just say that I wish I wasn't so confused about life in general, and guys in particular.

People keep telling me to stop thinking and just act, but the last time I did that... Well, I'm sure it's unnecessary to point out, but everything I've written in the last month is a direct result of not thinking and foggy vision.

So, the question is: Can I get away with it this time, unscathed?

Philosophers have debated it for centuries, and now I want a definitive answer to the question of Fate. Does it, or does it not, exist? If you know what is going to happen to you ahead of time, are you able to alter it?
Are the cogs spinning in a certain direction independent of my perceived control of the situation? Or is my perception of the way things are headed all that guides me in reality?
If I want to believe psychology, and I do, because I love it, it says that fate exists only insofar as you believe it exists. If you think something is going to happen, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
But what about when you throw another person into the mix? How does your self-fulfilling prophecy interact with theirs? Who's wins? And, if their's wins, was that your fate or their's? Or both?

It's like quantum physics: When you try to prove it, it all falls apart.

So what good does it do me to be honest and in touch with how I feel and how the other person feels if something bigger then both of us is running the show? On the other hand, if I see RED ALERTS, should I really be silly enough to take the plunge anyway? Is it possible to simply not know what you're talking about? What you need? What's good for you? And is it possible that sometimes what you think would be worst for you turns out to be best? Or vise versa? And is that fate, then? Or just a fluke?

Why can't anyone give me answers to these questions? Yes, e=mc^2, but what about boys? WHAT ABOUT BOYS?

The dodgeball tournament is tonight, and I'm thinking that maybe a concussion wouldn't be such a bad thing right about now.

6 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

my dearest dunja,
you think too much with your head, and too little with your heart.
don't search for answers. instead, live the questions today and you'll find that the answers have a funny way of working themselves out.

xox

9:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Human beings tend to fear so much the things they fear, they will fixate on them. And by fixating, they often create the very events the desperately wanted to avoid.

12:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe if you believed in God - had complete faith in God - and let go of all ur insecurities and tried your best and just left the rest up to God, youd be fine. Stop thinking too much and enjoy this life for what it is - an adventure.

1:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomal said...

God does not exist. Deal with it.

11:50 p.m.  
Blogger unreuly said...

yes she does! have you NEVER met me?

2:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Rosy,

She doesn't scream for you...

Tomal

12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home