Friday, March 31, 2006

quelle surprise!

So, fabulous day.
Really, truly, one of the best days I've ever had.
Started off with a bang in Attitudes... not a literal bang mind you, but a mindfuck to be sure. Talked about life-satisfaction and about how the weather seems to influence people's moods and other such nonsense.
Well, it was 16 degrees and GORGEOUS out. Not a cloud in the sky. And I was the happiest girl on the planet. Just ask anyone - I was all "Isn't the weather fab?" on and on and on and...
I spent about 15 minutes working on the essay due yesterday, then decided to trade my work in for a discussion about how badly Frosh Week is going to suck next year. Two words: Really bad. Sitting on the pub patio, chilling with my homies - tons of fun. Voted - not that it matters. Someone really nice lent me a book. So sweet. And, eventually, when the homies dispersed, I went in search of greener pastures. Met up with some dudes and we decided we'd throw the football around for a while. Such a great thing to do on a sunny day like today - ball flying towards your face, and you can't see a thing. Aw, good times. Good practice for the Dodgeball tournament, too. "Dunja... HEADS!"
Then Ramiro FINALLY showed up and we played the guitar... about an hour after he started tuning it... gosh, so slow. He says I'm high maintenance, but really - it doesn't take 20 minutes to tune two guitars.
When the shade started to encroach, we decided to move into the pub where it was warmer. There we met up with the old Frosh Crew - literally 1/3 of the Frosh Leaders, to continue our discussion of how badly Frosh Week was going to suck next year and who was doing who's mom and so on.
Fast forward a few hours, and I'm playing the guitar with two other friends.
Fast forward a little more and I'm at a drag show.
Couple more minutes - we're on a hunt for someone MIA.
And a little later, I'm at an afterparty, chilling with brand new (awesome) friends. *SEATDANCING! What the HELL is JUICE?*
Then I'm on my ass (but luckily, not on my head - which would've been worse) when Andy drops me from the drunken piggyback in the parking lot.
Then I'm talking to my first year sociology professor about scuba diving... WTF?
Then I'm on the ride home saying "Isn't it weird how I keep getting my hopes up only to have them destroyed and molested by stupid boys?"
But no, it's not weird. It'll only get better. Soon I'll become so jaded and cynical I will form no expectations of anyone, and no one will ever be able to disappoint me. Score!
All in all, absolutely, positively fab. No sarcasm.

"We're having having having having fun, but something something tells me I miss someone" - Part 1: True. Part 2: False.
Good to be back folks, good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home