Sunday, October 16, 2005

thank you

I'm going to lose this election. But it's okay because I won't be going away from this thing empty-handed. I've learned a few valuable lessons in the last week:
1) I have some amazing friends.
2) I need to learn to recognize the snake in the grass better.
3) Some people I deal with on a regular basis would sell their mother to the devil if it got them what they wanted.
4) Some people don't have brains.
5) You should never be quick to lend anyone your trust.
6) You should never lend anyone your reputation. It is the only thing you have in this world that others can mar and you cannot fix.
7) You should never be quick to judge anyone.

In regards to number one: Thank you. For your hard work, for your patience, for being human billboards, for lending me your time, and your shoulders to lean on. I can't express how overwhelming it is to realize that I have so much support in life. I can't begin to think why I deserve this. This election is nothing in comparison with what life can potentially hit you with, but you guys have all rallied and been there for me through every high and every low. If anything actually meriting support should ever happen, I know that even if you give me half of what you've given me during the past week, I'll make it through ok. I only hope I can be there as much for you if ever you should need me.

In regards to everything else: Pray you remain ignorant. The only way to learn these lessons is to get burned firsthand, and it is not a pleasant trip.

7 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

i don't know where i fall...but i hope i did what i could to help you hun.
i hate politics...it's a bitch and a half and i don't think you're enough of a liar or a cheat to play the game (though i think you should definitely win so that you can bring about radical change!!!)

GOOD LUCK DUNJA!!!

XOXOX

12:23 a.m.  
Blogger Courtesy said...

Kill 'em all I say.

1:05 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey DunYAH!!!
I actually voted! I didnt even know where to go...it was the first time I actually voted at UTM...so consider urself lucky...lol...Good luck tho, I hope u win! I saw your posters around the campus too...looking good! and I cant believe u saw me so high up in lecture. :) when r u going to know the verdict?

2:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:17 p.m.  
Blogger Courtesy said...

What the...how did someone get into my account?

9:39 p.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

*SHRUGS*
No clue.

11:33 p.m.  
Blogger L said...

good luck....

but your list reminds me of why I don't get involved in politics :)

7:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home