Thursday, December 30, 2004

Random!

I am a slave to "The Sims 2". Ever since it came in to my life, everything has been on the backburner. Eating, socializing, but especially sleeping have all been playing second fiddle to the status of my Sim Family. (I kinda wish "eating" could replace "sleeping" in that last sentence. Alas, my constant playing of the game has done nothing to my appetite really, and I'm still as fat as ever.)
Today was the first day since Monday that my eyes witnessed daylight. Nelly and I (and my sister tagged along) went to get lunch at the Green Mango. The waiter was really really nice. If he'd been about a decade younger, I totally would've jumped him. Nelly attempted to translate his tattoo for us and got as far as "Air Girl" or "Wind Woman" or something. Which had me a little worried. Because if he had "Air Girl" tattooed on his arm, that'd be VERY gay. But I think that this "gay" tattoo has more to do with Nelly's lack of Chinese reading skills than it has to do with him actually being gay.
After that brief spell, we went down to the LCBO so that I could contribute in my own special way (i.e. with my driver's license) to Nelly's New Year's Eve Party (read: booze). So once we get out of the LCBO, I start thinking "Hmm. Right now, three of us are carrying bags with booze in them. But soon, Nelly will have to part ways with two of us and carry all of this stuff on her own. How is she planning on doing this?" Ladies and gents, the truth is, Nelly doesn't think ahead. She's a little like me in that respect. So here she is attempting to carry a 12 pack of coolers, a 6 pack of beer, a bottle of vodka and one of rum--and she's about half my height and half my weight. Have no fear folks. When it comes to boozing it up, we're an innovative bunch. After some fantastic packing strategies on the part of all three of us (we had to distribute the weight equally on both sides, make sure that the bag wasn't digging into her wrist as she was holding it and so on - my physics prof would've been proud!) Nelly was on her way with the booze to meet some friends at the library. (Sidenote: I wish I could be this innovative and determined when it came to something useful... although getting drunk can be very useful, so I don't know what I'm raving on about. ) I hope she made it and that she writes about it in her blog because I for one would love to know about the reception she received at the library as "The World's Only Underaged Drinker To Ever Visit A Library With Muchos Booze".
I'm imagining it right now, and I must say the scene is quite humorous. But also lengthy. And for some odd reason it includes midgets. So I won't bother describing it here. You can imagine your own scene... if you're one of the lucky few who hasn't been robbed of an imagination by endless exposure to television and "convergent-thinking" training through years of public schooling. (Side fact: Did you know that the average child will have spent more time watching television than going to school by the time they turn 15?)
Oh, the other fun thing I did this week was my adventure with Alex on Monday. To sum it up in four sentences or less (because concise is good): It was cold. We spent 5 hours walking in the deserted PATH - Mission Impossible re-enactments ensued (yes, the Security Guard was involved). We visited the CN tower, the CBC museum (Mr. Dressup!), and ended up drinking. No planning = fun.

In other news: School is almost back in session. Thinking about it makes me want to puke. So instead, I will focus on the best night of my life, occurring in t-minus (approximately) 24 hours. Yes, you read right, tomorrow night is going to be the best night of my life. I'll be telling my grandkids about tomorrow night. It's going to ROCK my BEST SOCKS! (I hope.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home