Sunday, December 26, 2004

Go Jesus: It's Your Birthday!

We're gonna party like it's your birthday...

Well. Not exactly.
If it had been up to me, Jesus, we'd have partied it up BIG time, and for real. You can bet your white ass there'd have been Bacardi involved. Unless you were black, in which case you could bet your black ass. Really, it doesn't matter either way. We'd have partied it up. But since the party arrangements were left up to the olds, all I did for your birthday was get a glimpse into my future in the form of my parents. Honestly, if this Christmas is any indication of what I have to look forward to when I'm in my mid-forties... I'm not sure I want to live that long.
I spent a good chunk of time in the bathroom staring in the mirror and trying to make my hair (curly for the occasion) work with the all-too-round shape of my face (I realized that my face was too round after about half an hour) and not think about the loons out in the dining room making complete... loons of themselves. Let's just say that I'm very surprised (and slightly disappointed) that given the state that the "adults" were in, the Christmas tree did not get tipped over, that no one passed out, that no food was spilled, and that my grandfather didn't light himself on fire. We were damned lucky to get out alive. Baby Jesus had a hand in this. And I just have to say that I think that people at that stage in life should have a little bit more pride and dignitosity and whatnot and not act like pre-teens that haven't been out for 8 months. Honestly. My sister was better-behaved than my aunt.
My cousins got "The Sims 2", and subsequently got my sister and I completely hooked, so that we have to go out to BestBuy tomorrow and fight to spend our Christmas money with all the other psychopaths out on Boxing Day. I have a feeling it'll get ugly. Who goes out on Boxing Day except for the terminally insane (i.e. Nelly)?
Well, that is all from the land of Dune-yah. Merry Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Blogger G-Funk said...

I go shopping on Boxing Day!!!! Except its more like Boxing Week for most places, and the deals aren't that great. With the exception of Best Buy and Future Shop, every other place really does suck.

Your Christmas is definitely not as bad as mine. I slept through mine cuz it was so boring. My cousins came over and stayed for 10 hours!!!! All we did was eat lunch and watch movies non-stop. I felt disgusted and had to leave after 7 hours of their stay. Like they're ok and family and all, but still, so awkward and boring. Anyways, you get the picture that you don't have it so bad.

Btw, the annual gift of a loaf of bread was actually just the half-eaten loaf on the counter that my parents just tossed at me. The expiry date is tomorrow, they're so thoughtful.

7:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home