Wednesday, July 26, 2006

who got lucky?

An hour or so to go before I'm to meet CGE for our "date". He had work until 5:30 this a.m., and when he called me 15 minutes ago, had just woken up. Since he sounded so sleepy, I asked if he wanted to postpone our meeting and catch up on some z's - I really have nothing planned for the day anyway, and I can always hang out with my neighbour in the interim.
He said, "No, I need to get up. Plus, I'd be too excited to sleep now anyway."

Right answer.

Maybe I'll just keep going on first and second dates with people, because those are my favourite parts - finding out their life story, a few of their more conspicuous quirks, and sharing in the excitement of those first few glances, and brushes of the hands, and so on.

After that, they inevitably disappoint you, so why let it go there?
BB hasn't called me since our adventure at the mall, and I didn't notice 'til last night when I was out with Nelly and she brought him up, so I guess I'm over that.

Chilling with neighbour boy and the Italian Stallion at Demetre's, Nelly and I played "Who got lucky?", and there was a couple a table down from us that was so DISPROPORTIONATE that we just couldn't look away. The guy was possibly the most gorgeous man I've ever seen with my own two eyes in real life (aside from one guy at work, who shall remain nameless), and the girl was just so: not. I wouldn't even call her average, although she might begin to approach it if she did something different with her hair. It was just such a shocker-situation for a pair of seasoned "Who got lucky?" players like Nelly and myself. You just don't see such a giant off-balance every day.
The Italian Stallion decided to play the moral majority and point out that maybe, what she lacks in the looks department, she makes up for in personality... or bed. And that maybe his gorgeousness doesn't transcend to him being a nice person. But the fact is that the game is based on pure superficiality, and if we wanted to be serious, we'd get together with other friends who weren't quite so silly, so we shut him up right-quick.

After that, I remembered why the IS wasn't a complete write-off though. He did his standup routine for us and had us physically rolling in our seats at one point. We were discussing Dave's 80's themed party, and how messy it'd been, and how nothing we could do in the near (or far) future would approach that messiness level, and IS remarked "I don't have any gay friends - no offense or anything." To which I replied, "Why would I be offended by that?" and he goes, "No, I know, I'm just covering my ass."

And no one noticed anything funny about it at all. Until he said, "No pun intended."

Turns out that Arms from work is single. We spent our whole shift yesterday hiding in between the bays, pretending to do work, and talking about our relationships past. That's how I found out. And then Carla said that Jen said that he told her he was. So there you have it. The bad news is that he makes me laugh. Hysterically. Every time we work together. And I'm sure I don't want to jeapordize that by trying to monopolize more then my share of him. So he shall continue to make me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home