Monday, July 17, 2006

my prime minister is a douche, and there's nothing i can do about it

How is a full blown military attack on a sovereign state that involves taking innocent civilian lives in response to a terrorist attack "measured"?
Why does nobody seem to see that the reasons the terrorists attacked Israel are completely unrelated to the reasons Israel is fighting back, which are completely unrelated to the agenda Syria and Iran are pushing by funding the terrorists, which is completely unrelated to the agenda the U.S. will now use this as an excuse to push?

Why is my Prime Minister such a fucking douche?

Not because I elected him, that's for sure.

And how can George Bush sit there, so nonchalantly, at that fucking G8 meeting, and talk about it being right to defend yourself against terrorists - spewing the same shit he did when he was about to go into Iraq - how can he sit there, so stoic? How does he sleep at night?

And why can't I sleep at night because I'm up wondering how he sleeps? How is that right? How does that help anyone?

It doesn't. Because no one cares what I think or what I would do.

And that's just the problem. Because the fate of innocent people who were just minding their own business rests in the hands of individuals who couldn't care less about them.

It's not that I have a personal, vested interest in any one of them either. But I remember what it's like to fear for your life. I remember what it's like to fear for the life of your family. And I remember how helpless and numb it makes you. I'd like to think that if I were in charge, or that if anyone cared to listen to me for just a minute, I'd talk some sense, at least. I'd show some compassion, some empathy. I wouldn't say what Israel is doing is "measured", just as I wouldn't applaud the actions of the terrorists. I'd say it was "preposterous and unacceptable and needed to stop, on both sides, right away". At least I'd *say* the fucking right thing, if I didn't know what to do about it.

As astronauts in orbit around the Earth from the shuttle Discovery observed today, it looks peaceful all over. Earth, that is. Earth is the home of humanity, they said, and perhaps, one day, we'll realize it and learn to get along.

WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS? Holy fucking mother of God, how senseless is this? And how many times does it have to happen? Who's fucking idea was any of it in the first place? Now THAT'S someone that SHOULD be shot.

Until then, I stand by my statement that my Prime Minister is a douche. And if he were standing next to me right now and listening, I wouldn't hesitate to let him know I thought so.

1 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

did you know that you don't have to pay postage if you send a letter to parliament hill?
why DON'T you write to the prime minister? if enough people took responsibility for this country, maybe he'd stop being a douche and listen.

idealistic? maybe.
democracy in action? definitely

4:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home