Thursday, July 06, 2006

quick trip to "FUCK, THAT WAS WEIRD"

He broke out the ex.

I called him to invite him out tomorrow, talk talk talk, everything's going fine, bla bla bla, something's "gay", and BAM: "My ex reamed me out for saying things were gay once."

*Crickets chirping*

"We dated for a year, she dumped me two years ago."

*More crickets*

My head: Wait a minute, isn't this like the fourth time we've ever talked IN THE HISTORY OF TIME? Why on EARTH would you bring up your ex? How do I move away from this topic? I can't.

"Why'd you break up?"

"Oh, it was going long-distance."

"I see."

*AWWWWWK-ward*

My head: The only logical place I can take this conversation is to my exes, and there's no way we're touching that with a ten-foot pole; if I bring up something utterly random, he'll think I'm a dolt. Plus, nothing utterly random is popping into my head at all. In fact, for the first time IN MY LIFE all I can think about is the conversation at hand and how badly I don't want to be having it. This is getting more and more awkward by the second. This is horrendous. BREAK THE SILENCE!

"Well, I'll definitely see you tomorrow. Have a good one."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow!"

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home