Wednesday, July 06, 2005

4,000 Hits June 20th

Oh the irony.
*ean tells me yesterday after my post (and after much prodding on my part) that he went out with a few girls (few = 3) while I was away in Montreal, and that although there wasn't much chemistry with two of them, one of them sparked his interest.
She's 29, has just gotten out of a 4 year relationship 6 months ago, and is calling this her "Summer of Love".
He then proceeded to tell me that he wishes he could be my boyfriend, but he doesn't think that's the right role for him to take on right now.
The "Summer of Love", no-strings role with the other girl is probably a better one. (I inferred this last statement.)

Ok. Did I miss something? Weren't we having this exact discussion prior to my departure (x5), except it was me telling him that he doesn't need to be in that role right now? And me telling him that this "thing" with us is no-strings? Apparently I did miss something. A few somethings. One of them named *nne.

In any case, if he was trying to dump me, he did a really poor job of it because he asked me out for Friday. And I'm not sure why I agreed to go, since it seems he's found someone who he wouldn't mind fooling around with without making her take the title of "girlfriend", except that I'll feel stupid telling him it's no-strings and then being all, "Well, if you're seeing this other girl... I can't see you." And so on. Because that's clearly a string.
More like a rope.

People would rather be wrong consistently then contradict themselves. Another psychological principle I cannot avoid even though I know about it. Why bother learning about stuff if it makes no difference that you know about it? So you can identify your behaviour and give it a name and say "Good thing it's normal"? Normal behaviour can still be shitty behaviour. I don't think this normative nonsense should be any way to judge someone's actions. Lots of things are normal. Doesn't make them right.

Hm. Then there's the other thing with me leaving in t-minus 9 days for 5 weeks. So no matter how screwed up this situation is, or how messed up it ends up, or how badly he's messing with my head - it can't get that bad in 9 days. So we'll tough it out. And by "we" I mean "I".
What's the worst that could happen?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dune-yah
where r u going?

9:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A long long time ago...

In a campus far far away (from downtown)...

I gave you advice....

I don't think you followed it...

Wanna see me do a cartwheel?

10:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know where you live.

10:30 p.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

I don't remember the advice.
But that's not my fault. You were too damned distracting with insignificant details like the flavour of your cheese (light strawberry).
Please re-hash the advice minus unnecessary details. I promise I'll... uh... take it into account.

10:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home