Saturday, June 18, 2005

Slight Glitch

Since you all seem to object so much to my 'doomsday' predictions, we shall call this mishap (which I predicted) a 'slight glitch' (even though it is of doomsday proportions).
So, *ean, who's wonderful in every other way, is completely
1) Not over his ex-girlfriend and
2) Not ready for a committed relationship of any kind
the second of which is kinda fine, because I don't think I'm ready for a committed relationship of any kind myself, but the first one is screwy because a) well, for obvious reasons, and b) in the odd event that I become ready for a serious relationship at any point in the future - the first one will still be messing me up, and messing him up - he will be completely emotionally unavailable as a result, and I'll get hurt. Ta dah.
Now, before you go all haywire thinking this is just some stupid thing I've come up with in my head or something because I'm just looking for something to go wrong - he pretty much confirmed both of those assumptions made by me
a) verbally implicitly (he keeps bringing up his ex, so although he hasn't come right out and said 'I'm not over my ex', this is clearly the case - or, if he is over her (which I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt about, but let's say he is for the sake of argument) then he's definitely not over the relationship/situation, so that's just as bad).
b) and he confirmed the 2nd one verbally explicitly. (He said, and I quote, "I'm not ready for a serious relationship of any kind".)
So there you have it.

Where does that leave us?
Well, I think it leaves me feeling frustrated, which seems to be a general trend. But not as frustrated as I've been in the past, because I saw this one coming like a mack truck. And I think it leaves me (for the most part) single because we pretty much decided we were just going to 'date' and not even hope or work towards anything deeper or more meaningful. Which is actually quite okay because it is summer and I am who I am. And then there was some wishful thinking on his part about when I come back from vacation and whatnot because I'm pretty 'awesome' (as if I didn't know that already), but I think I'll have come to my senses by then and this will be such old news that he doesn't really stand a chance. But I didn't tell him that. I just kinda nodded blankly.

Yes, it is kinda odd we ended up having this discussion on our third date - but things have been moving kinda fast in general (I don't mean in the slutty way, I mean in terms of comfort level and clicking and inside jokes and whatnot) so it kinda makes sense that this would come up pretty fast too. Although it's still weird. But better now then 3 weeks into it when I'm really into him, right?

The only actually good news that comes out of all of this is that Zeebs was totally and unequivocally, irrevocably wrong about him being about one thing. So haha to her.

But don't tell her I said that. She scares me.

Anyway, I didn't ask, but I'm pretty positive it's okay for me to see other guys - so maybe I should give Red Lobster dude a call back?
Haha. I can't even keep a straight face about it. Not likely.
But I'll definitely be talking to that cutie from class...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home