Wednesday, June 08, 2005

D Pt. II

Today, I slept in.
Got a visit from Nelly at work. She came bearing gifts, looking very cute in her turqoise shirt and pink skirt.
We have a sign at work. It states:
"Dear Customers,
As a courtesy,
Please undo all shirt buttons.
Thank you."
It's meant to discourage people from leaving their shirts with us all buttoned up because then I have to undo them, and that takes SO MUCH time (not to mention how it wrecks my nerves...)
Anyways, this guy came in today and started undoing his shirt. I was like "WTF?" And he's like, "So, what exactly is the point of this?" At this point, I'm like "WTF?!?!" And he's like "I'm doing what the sign says, but I really don't see why I should. What are you looking for a free peep show?"
Weirdo.
I got home and my sister told me to go look at what was on my bed.
It was a gorgeous bouquet of blue roses. Gorgeous.
I was excited to see who they were from and hurried to open the card.
On one side: "Be careful. Roses dyed. Colour stains." On the other side: "Happy Birthday D!"
That's it.
No name, no reply address... nothing.
Well, the flowers are beautiful. And I definitely feel super special and awesome and wonderful, but I'd like to know who they're from. To say thank you. For an amazing and thoughtful (and expensive) gift.
Pauly and Zeebs came over, also bearing gifts. We ate some cake and drank some cranberry juice. Zeebs regailed us with tales of her childhood. Nails and trees and whatnot...
Then we hit Wendy's for some dinner.
Awesome day.
The phone was ringing off the hook with people being absolutely wonderful and taking time out of their busy schedules to wish me a happy one.
Thanks everyone.
You rule.

3 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

i know who it was but i'm not telling! muhuahahahah!
welcome to the 3rd decade of ur life!
xoxoxo

8:10 p.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

I know who it was now too.
So your ploy to drive me absolutely nuts FAILED. :)

Heeey, did this have anything to do with you asking me my favourite kind of flower and colour!?!?

I SMELL A CONSPIRACY!

8:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't me... it was the one armed man!!!

9:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home