Sunday, October 14, 2007

and yes, it's been a great weekend

He's on time, wearing a hoodie and smiling at me as I open the door. He waits for me to put on my makeup, telling me I don't need it the whole time. He checks out the family project because I care about it.
We drive to IKEA and get lost, taking the same (wrong) route we took the last time. He doesn't mind. Neither one of us minds that it's crowded or crazy, as we saunter down aisles we've walked before, commenting on furniture we've seen twice already, and talking about the future in the most abstract. We try out all the chairs we know to be comfiest and laugh about the Asian kid falling over on the mattress. He points out some Asian babies to me, and offers to cause a distraction while I do my thing. I buy some Meatballs, because I know how much he likes them, some chips, and a storage bin. He buys a clock. We dine on fine IKEA cuisine on an early Saturday afternoon - I grab the drinks, he grabs the cutlery. We make a good team.
Driving home we talk about plans for later that night, and when we get to my house, sprawl out on my big comfy bed for a cat nap. There's nowhere I'd rather be, I think, there's nothing I'd rather do.
We go our separate ways only to meet again several hours later. He runs out of his house and jumps into the passenger seat. We kiss for a long time. Once we get to Spadina, we switch seats because I hate driving downtown. He drops me off at the Pizza Nova and circles around the block, I buy the pizza and run out of the store just as he's pulling up to the sidewalk. He finds a parking spot right next to his friend's house. We share some laughs and some hugs in a small, warm apartment with good friends. We laugh at lovers' quarrels. We make more plans. I'm tired, so I leave. He walks me to my car and tells me to drive safe.
He hops into my car the next afternoon, and we drive to the Shopper's. He frowns the whole time we're there, but I know he secretly loves it. We grab a couple burgers and act gay while we wait in line. We listen to some old tunes at Apache, then we get on the highway for the long drive home. He plays with my hair. We watch some tv, and go up to his room. Then it's time to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home