Thursday, May 26, 2005

Attention All!

My birthday is coming up soon (I'm turning 20) and I think I'm supposed to celebrate it, even though I don't really feel it's much of an accomplishment on my part. However, it is a great excuse to guilt you all into coming out to see me (what with social conventions and whatnot, and I haven't seen so many of you in so long), and I frankly can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday night then in the company of you lot - so let's party!

Here's the lowdown:
I'm thinking of getting some dinner followed by some dancing. You can choose to come to one or the other or both or neither - but I need to know if you are coming to dinner because I have to reserve an accurate amount of seating at the restaurant. So, to recap, RSVP-ing is mandatory if you wish to come to dinner. I'd love to have you if you don't RSVP, but I can't guarantee you a seat if I haven't reserved one for you prior to - so please, PLEASE let me know whether or not you're coming to dinner. Let me know BEFORE TUESDAY JUNE 7TH.

Here are the basics:
I'm thinking dinner at Green Mango (on Bloor and Royal York) - Thai food, or at Jack Astor's (Queensway at Sherway Gardens) - burgers and the like. I'd love to hear your preferences, but this will also depend on how many people end up coming out to dinner. If I get a big turnout, Jack Astor's will almost certainly be the place because it's bigger. In any case, I don't think it really matters where we eat, as long as we're doing it together. So, when you RSVP, you can send me your preferences as well as any suggestions you have for where you'd like to have dinner, although I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible, so lets not go overboard.

I'm thinking dancing at Milwaukee's (19+ ONLY). Entry is usually about $5, (sorry everyone, but that's as cheap a cover as I think you could find anywhere), music is Top 40, dress code is relaxed (but I wouldn't mind seeing you all spiffed up).
If you know of a cheaper place, or know of a better place that plays Top 40, please let me know about it.

Date: Saturday June 11, 2005
Time: Dinner - 8pm, Dancing - 11pm onwards, but get to Milwaukee's by 10pm
Place: TBA in a few days, but either Green Mango or Jack Astor's followed by Milwaukee's
Why: Dunja's 20th Birthday

A few final notes:
- Gifts will not be accepted, so don't bother bringing any. The only thing I want for my birthday is YOU there in all your glorious glory, in a HAPPY mood, ready to party, in your best outfit. That's it.
- If you can't make it out dancing with us, please, please come out to the dinner. I would love to see each and every one of you that night in some shape or form because you all mean a lot to me.
- If you can't make it out dinnering with us, please, please come out to the dancing. I would love to see each and every one of you that night in some shape or form because you all mean a lot to me.
- If you can't make it out to either, I will understand, and grudgingly hate you for the rest of my life.
- You can bring as many people as you like to Milwaukee's - just keep in mind that the more people you bring, the longer it will take all of you to get in. If you are bringing anyone to dinner, keep it at a maximum of one guest, and please let me know that you are bringing someone when you RSVP.
- PUT YOURSELF ON THE GUESTLIST AT MILWAUKEE'S (416) 239 8149 and GET THERE BEFORE 10 if you want to be guaranteed a spot inside.

RSVP here: duneyah@gmail.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey DUNE-yah!! OMG!! Ur birthday!! Your turning 20 before me!! ehh...I SO DO NOT wanna turn 20!! this means we r officially out of our TEEN years! ahhh! Dont even wanna think of it...I still have six months so...ha ha! Ne who...I got ur e-mail and I just finished reading ur blog (did u even know I read it? well I do..hmmm...lol) and I just realised...u havent mentioned YOUR birthDATE!! When's ur b-day??? and when r u going to have the "parteee"? :) Keep us all posted! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (if it already passed) (Hey...dont get mad..at least I remember ur NAME..lol) ne way...take care girl...

Guess who?

11:07 p.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

I have no idea who the above person is. If you'd like to make yourself a little bit less anonymous, I'd appreciate it.
My birthDATE is actually June 7th.
And the party, as was mentioned in the post, is on June 11th.
I hope to see you there. Whoever you are.

12:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its us!!

2:11 p.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

Tanya and Ridhima?
I don't know any other "us"es I don't think...

5:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol!!! YEAH finally!!

10:44 a.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

Awesome. So y'all are coming?

11:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really really really really want to come! We do! But the only problem is that June 11th is our cousins wedding! So we're gonna be really busy that weekend! IF you could do it another weekend....no we wouldnt make u do that! HAve fun tho u really deserve it! But you'll feel our presence there...lol

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

I suppose a family wedding is an adequate excuse...
You'd better be at my going-away party, beginning of July!

7:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home