Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Playing Ketchup

Haha. Get it? Ketchup? It's a pun...
Oh good lord, never mind...

I haven't really felt much like updating lately, which is unlike me. I haven't had much time on my hands lately, also unlike me. All of this has resulted in a whole slew of adventures failing to be properly documented. So I shall document them now, for future reference, in case of total amnesia on my part or something (it's been known to happen before). Recount is purely based on recall, and recall is purely based on what memory traces are activated first in my brain. Nothing to do with importance or temporal occurance or anything of that logical sort.

Friday, went shopping with Zeebs. Haven't "been shopping" for the sake of hitting the mall in a long time. Usually, I don't do malls unless I need something because I always end up buying something I don't actually need.
In what I'm sure was a subconsious effort on my part at the time to contradict myself in the near future, I bought a wallet on my excursion with Zeebs, something I clearly did need.
Don't give up on the above sentence. It makes sense, I assure you.
People don't know themselves nearly as well as they assume they do.

At the mall, we ran into an old highschool peer who now has a three-month-old son. It made me feel like I was severely lacking in the "what have you done since high school" category... as I've done... absolutely nothing. I don't even have a boyfriend. But that's a whole other story...

Had dinner at this small pizza place with Zeebs and her boyfriend and Paul (who finally found time for us in his busy schedule). The food was good, the service was not. The waiters were kinda... rude? But we left them a good tip anyway because we were too busy trying to make sure none of us were skimping on our part of the bill to realize that we had in fact left too much money. Or at least that's how I remember it going down. But I was feeling too passive to point it out to anyone, so I guess I might as well never think about it again now that it's well over.

Saturday Zeebs and I hit up Sean's Lakeshore party. It was a pretty small chilling gathering. Lots of nice people (or I'm sure they would've been nice could they have been bothered to acknowledge our existance at all.) The only people that paid any attention to us were the only other people at the party that no one cared about, and the dog. In the forty minutes we spent there, I'd say 90% of the time we were talking about the dog or petting the dog. Then I zoned out and was purely STARING at Sean's brother as he sat watching tv in his room for the other 10%. He turned to look at me to, I suppose, try to figure out what the hell I was doing seeing as how I was standing out in the hallway STARING at him, just as Zeebs walked up and said, "Why are you staring at Sean's brother?" Oh bother. He decided I was harmless if not completely sane and tuned back into his commercial break.

Then Zeebs and I decided it'd be really fun if we drove around in her car and wasted a whole bunch of gas for a good hour. Or at least that's what Tristan would have us believe. He states that in the directions he gave on how to get to his houseparty, providing a major intersection was unnecessary - and thus he didn't provide one. Unfortunately for him, and us, and due to a myriad of unfortunate events (that can mainly be attributed to my poor naviagtional skills and complete lack of knowledge of streets or highways of any sort since I don't actually drive anywhere ever) this meant that we ended up driving in the opposite direction from that in which we were supposed to be going for about half an hour.
Oh well, we got to hear a whole lotta Sean Paul.
When we finally did arrive at the party (although slightly pertrubed by our recent unplanned, unwanted, bastard adventure), we enjoyed the company of a bunch of happy drunk people who had no problems engaging us in idle chit chat, hugs, or white-boy-trying-to-be-black dancing. It was very hot, in both the literal and figurative senses. Hot Jamaican accent boy was there in all his sexiness. Unfortunately, I wasn't drunk enough to make anything of it, and he clearly isn't interested, and thus, we just stared at each other a whole lot (in a weird - again subconscious - re-enactment of my 'staring at Sean's brother' antics I suppose).

On Sunday, my core family decided that it'd be really fun if we went to a restaurant just as it was about to close and ordered an elaborate meal. So that's what we did. This was after my father and mother, in unnecessarily elated spirits splurged and bought a vacuum cleaner and some Kefir for my sister who refused to drink it. So I had to. Logically.
I also got me some shoes on this here day so I can hit up the gym properly (i.e. with shoes that fit).

Sunday was also the day I finally got around to cleaning my room. Right now, we are about two and a half hours into Wednesday, and it's already a mess again.
That's a shame.

On Monday, we got to (oh joy!) visit my grandparents and cousins. I got some Fruit and Nut chocolate out of it, so I guess it wasn't so bad, except that I can't eat chocolate anymore on account of I'm fat and bathing suit season is approaching at the speed of... something really fast... so, yes. Trying to buy my love with food I can't eat, grandpa? Way to go. I suppose in all your not-seeingness you didn't notice what a fatass I was. Oh well, regardless of your motives and excuses and whatnot, 'twas futile for all parties concerned. Let us learn from our mistakes.

Tuesday, I got to taste the bittersweet beginnings of pure hate because, logically enough, I'm beginning to hate my aerobics instructor. She does too much resistance crap for the arms and does not focus enough on the abs and does she not realize that when we're lunging around we look like RETARDS to all the people running around the track? Doesn't she?! DOESN'T SHE?! I didn't care before because the people running around the track were all old and decrepit and probably couldn't see anything two inches in front of their faces anyway and therefore didn't notice we looked like flailing things flailing about as we 'lunged' around, but now these boys that have finished with school have started running the track too. Not that this should make a difference, because I'm not there to meet boys or make friends. But I'd still like to retain some shred of dignity and, if it is completely necessary for me to look like a bloated, shiny, red balloon - making wheezing noises with hair pasted onto my head and sweat stains all along my back, I'd at least like to not be FLAILING LIKE A RETARD at the same time. At least that much.
That's all I ask.

I also went to work on Tuesday and hated it even though it was payday. I really hate my job. I hate it with a passion. I wish there was some way to fix this, unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing to work with at work - nothing to look forward to, nothing to look backward at, nothing to focus on at the present moment - so I just go there, hating it with a passion, stand there, hating it with a passion, and leave there hating it with a passion unlike any I've felt previously or am likely to feel again... until the next day I have work.
It seems like an awful waste of energy, all this hate and whatnot.
Too bad I need the money to buy useless things with.

I ate too much today.

I think Carrie Underwood will win American Idol (she's more deserving in my mind's eye).

It is four days until my bet with Nelly is up. The tragic thing is, I don't think anything whatsoever will change insofar as my dating life is concerned once it is, so maybe I should make a bet I can actually win for next time. Something along the lines of 'Will not go on another date for 5 years' or 'Will never marry' or 'Will die alone... with some cats if she's lucky' would do nicely.

3 Comments:

Blogger G-Funk said...

What's this "I don't have a boy" nonsense. The summer is here, everyone knows that summer=flings=fun. That's my equation for the day, study that hard cuz it'll be on the final exam which counts for 70% of your final grade.

11:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its pretty lame i have to read up on whats going on in ur life via ur blog. we need to chill ..soon. i miss my white friend lol

-freeza-

11:58 a.m.  
Blogger unreuly said...

oh duneyah duneyah duneyah...how is it that every time you manage to rope me into reading your blog for half an hour of pointessness??? i mean granted, my summer school reading was not entertaining at all...but really, you'd think i'd at least take away some kind of life lesson at the end of a five hundred page diatribe on the happenings of ur week!
about the summer...and boys....i've decided to have a steamy torrid affair....now i just have to find a male to go along! lol!

12:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home