Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Happy Half Birthday to Me!

Yes, you read right. Today, I officially turn 19.5!!
On this momentous occasion, the phone has rung: 0 times with calls from well-wishers. The doorbell has rung: 0 times with flowers from well-wishers. And the little MSN chat-lights have lit up: 0 times with messages from well-wishers.

This lack of well-wishers is having quite the impact on my New Year's Resolutions list. I've been working on it for quite some time. Prior to today's date, here is some of what I had going, it's pretty standard:
1)Be nicer to people.
2)Don't yell so much.
3)Don't fret over stupid things.
4)Try not to walk into things as often.
5)Attempt thinking before you speak.
But my new list consists of just one thing:
1)Get some friends, you loser. So you don't have to celebrate New Year's in your basement and so someone actually calls you on your half-birthday. For Pete's sake.

Oh, the sweetest thing: Watching "Perfect Proposal" today, and I cried my eyes out. This guy mowed "MARRY ME TAMMY" in giant letters into this field, and then took her up in a plane to propose to her. So he's been saying nice things about this girl the entire show. Like, he's never loved anyone more in his life and she's his soulmate and all that jazz, and you never hear her say anything (obviously) because it's a surprise for her, so they can't very well interview her about it. Well, AFTER the fact, the host lady asks her if she's surprised, and she goes "It's a little unexpected, but not surprising. He's a wonderful guy." Gosh. That was my cue to use up like 3 boxes of Kleenex in a foiled attempt to stop the stream of tears.

Ok, so the past few days haven't been so hot, causing me to eat lots of chocolate and ice cream -- sometimes in the form of chocolate ice cream, and watch romantic movies and shows and whatnot and cry about the sad state of my romantic affairs, (in comparison of course.) But when I saw this show, I wasn't crying about MY affairs, I was crying HAPPY tears for these two people who were clearly wonderful - and wonderful for each other. Really puts things into perspective for you. I'm not sure what that perspective is, and I can't pretend to be "deep", but I guess I realize now that being able to communicate with and feel for another person is much more important then their height.

Although I still wanna be able to wear high heels in the presence of my boyfriend. Not that I ever wear heels. But I want the option. Not that I have a boyfriend... what am I saying?

Luckily all is not lost. Chris said he'd marry me if neither of us was married by age 30. And if he ditches me for someone cooler, I can always count on George... I think. Well, he taught me something interesting actually. If a guy says something, it holds true unless he tells you otherwise at a later date. So, apparently, if he says he'll marry me if no one else will, that holds true unless he tells me he changed his mind. And he hasn't told me that yet. So if his theory is true, then he should technically marry me if no one else will. But I'm really suspicious of that theory, so in case it doesn't work out either, I'll just buy the 13 cats (even though I hate cats and they creep me out) as per previous plan and die lonely and bitter. Someone has to take the role of "creepy spinster on the edge of town". Might as well be me. I'll take one for the team -- although WHAT team I don't KNOW, because I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS.

That is all.

NOTE: No names to be posted with comments. Please and thank you. This thing gets wider readership then suspected earlier. :S

Oh, and for today's "fun" link, visit ebaumsworld to watch one rapper dude get TOTALLY schooled by my hero.

1 Comments:

Blogger G-Funk said...

First off, Happy half-birthday Dunja, you're aging. Secondly, you do have friends, I'm pretty sure everyone reading this agrees, (just nod your heads). But seriously, you have good friends that are always willing to hang.

12:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home