Monday, February 12, 2007

i...

I cannot believe my day.
Booking it down the QEW at 150km/h, men in vans with families in tow waving at me to slow down, only to make it to rehearsal fully half an hour late.
Rehearsal flying by as if though it were an hour, not 7, and realizing not a minute too soon that I still hadn't gone over my aunt's paper, or my genetics homework for the quiz I have tomorrow.
Then, driving on empty through Mississauga trying to figure out what the fastest way to Dixie is from campus.
Lastly, booking it home 2.5 hours later then I'd planned to, assuring my irate mother that I'd be safe and sound in my bed in 15 minutes, max, only to set off the car alarm as soon as I rolled into the garage.
I was so spaced out and feeling so crazy and dazed about what I'd just said to Spazzy, that the horn sounded four times before I found the "unlock" button on the keys in my hands.

And what gem escaped my lips?

Only "I love you"... which I'm not even sure that I mean, which I wasn't even planning on saying, which hadn't even entered my brain until it had fully escaped my mouth.

His jaw dropped open.
I had to think to stop my hand from covering my mouth. Then I had 0.2 seconds in which to decide whether I should say something, like, "I say that to everyone when I'm saying bye" or "I don't really mean that" or "I don't even know why I just said that", or to just pretend like nothing ever happened and run away.
So, after he composed himself and kissed me like he meant it (my brain screaming "GET OUT! GET OUT!" the whole time)I ran away.
And to my car.
And peeled out of the parking lot.

Then I called Nelly because 1) it's her birthday
and 2) she's the only person on the planet who'd appreciate potentially getting woken up at 1am on a Monday to hear how I just accidentally told my boyfriend I loved him like so:

"Bye!" - Him
"Bye! I love you!" - Me
Reflexive. I tell every one of my friends "Bye, I love you!" when I'm leaving, but, up until now, I've been good at suppressing this reflex with someone to whom it might seem to mean more... UNTIL TONIGHT.

I'm never getting over this.
WHO DOES THAT?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home