Saturday, January 20, 2007

my friday night

I think this pretty much sums it up:


I wrote an email to Anja, something I hadn't done in a while.
I didn't get any Genetics questions done.
I spammed the UTMSU forums with crap.
I wrote an email to a real estate agent that works in my neighbourhood (don't ask), and applied for some tutoring job through the career center website with my NO RESUME.
I had a sesame-seed bagel, toasted, with cream cheese, a vanilla yogurt, and some apple juice.
I watched "Little Miss Sunshine" and cried.
I remembered that Paul is in Montreal this weekend, skiing, and so realized I had no one to go drinking with.
OMG Ashley quit today!!!!
She got a job at some place as a receptionist or something, and she quit Hollister! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!?!!?

I talked to Nick (manager - gigantor) about switching me over to the sales rep position because I'm getting super tired of my job that I've been doing for a year and that consists of folding clothes and is a total waste of my talents and abilities, and he said, "But Dunja, you're the only competent person we have working in the back. I don't think you realize what an asset you are." Then he said a bunch more stuff, something about "golden handcuffs", but I wasn't listening because I was too busy imagining all the ways I wanted to punch him in the face for being such a PRICK.
He said that he feels my pain about being bored of my job and reminded me that he does the same job every day, too, and that he's been doing it for over a year as well... and I wanted to yell, "YOU HAVE YOUR DEGREE! GO GET A BETTER JOB! I'M WAITING TO FINISH MINE!" And then I realized that even once I'm done my degree, the best I'll be able to do is what he's doing now... and it was really sad. In any event, nothing was resolved with the giant, so I decided it was time to look for a new job.
Also, my VISA bill is sitting pretty at $300, and I've carried over a balance for the last 2 months, and I'd REALLY like to stop that, so I need another job.

ON TUESDAY, JUDGE JUDY AND GLADYS WILL BOTH BE ON THE ELLEN SHOW. When she said this today, I was so happy I almost pissed myself.
Throw in the paraplegic from that first episode my sister and I ever saw, and you've got yourself the BEST SHOW IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE!

I'm more excited about this then I was about the premiere of American Idol, and that's saying something.

Gigantor is from South Africa, and his dad is Dutch and his mom is Canadian. Go figure.

1 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

sounds...umm..exciting!

i do love ellen though - she is perhaps the best thing since sliced bread!

9:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home