Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Unrested Audience of One

I've been reading other's blogs lately.

Excerpt from " Audience of One " :

So I'll make a personal plea of my own. You have someone out there you haven't talked to in years? Had a misunderstanding that grew into a permanent estrangement? Had an argument that went too far? Pick up the phone. Put away your pride. My uncle's pride is of cold comfort to him now. If it doesn't work you've lost nothing. You're where you are right now. It isn't weakness. Its strength. Strength to heal the wounds and love each other like you should. The day will come when it might be too late.

Excerpt from " Unrested" :

Dr C phoned me last night. After I whined and whined that he doesn't care anymore, he called me. He said "it's your favourite psychiatrist, feeling kind of depressed and rejected."

"I think I'm supposed to be saying that."

He laughed, and then asked me what's been going on, to which I replied "I don't know". Which I'm sure he expected me to say, since that's the answer I give 90% of the time, no matter what the question is. I like it because it's not a real answer, but it's not really a lie, either. It's a way to avoid actually saying anything, and when you use it two or three times in a row, most people will just give up on trying to talk to you.


There's lots of wisdom out there, and many places to gather strength from.
It's kind of comforting to know that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are two of my favourite blog people.

3:44 p.m.  
Blogger captain obvious said...

I know... I stole them through you :)

4:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home